Sunday, July 22, 2018

Just For You

I have seen the majesty of a Pacific Ocean night
Four thousand miles from the nearest shore
Bathed in the beauty of the cosmos
The stars in the heavens more numerous
Than the grains of sand upon the beach
The brilliance of the spectacle above
Mirrored by the green glowing bioluminescence
That surrounded me adrift upon a tranquil sea 

I have stood in the shadow of the mighty mountains
As the last fleeting light of day colored the crags above
Marvelous shades of crimson, orange, and purple
As the day lost hold of the sky and slipping gently
Into the ink dark abyss of the night
Then bursting forth above the snow capped peaks
The king to rule the night – a full moon
Bathing all with its tender ashen blush 

I have walked among the giants of this earth
Mighty sequoias standing taller that most 
Of the buildings man has dared erect
Coming into their grandeur from a tiny seed
And not through the vain work of our hands 

I have awoke with the forest as the first tendrils of light
Announced the defeat of night and heralded the approaching morn
Welcoming the day with the woodland creatures , deer, raccoons, and squirrels
Busily going about their day with little regard to my presence in this place
Leaping joyfully from ground to bush to tree
Without the slightest care in the world 

I know how Adam must have felt as he opened his eyes
For the first time to behold the world God’s hand just created
I have felt the same awe and fear that must have filled him that morning
I have come to realize just how tiny I am when I stand 
In the splendor of God’s great creation

          On the ocean,
          In the brilliance of the cosmos,
          In the shadow of the mountain,
          Or among the creatures of the forest


Only there, in the silence of my heart, does God speak



“I made all of this just for you.”




No comments:

Post a Comment